- The MTO CLASSIC (former MTO Sport 2010) airframe is manufactured from high grade TIG welded stainless steel, which is electro-polished to give it amazing durability and a handsome shine as well making it easy to inspect and maintain.
- The MTO CLASSIC is powered by the reliable industry-standard Rotax 912 ULS aircraft engine, which provides excellent performance. Of course, the Rotax 914 Turbo is also available as an option giving even better performance.
- The tail unit, nacelle, propeller and the main landing gear are manufactured from high quality composite materials.
- The rotor system is extruded from aviation-grade aluminum with a NACA 8H12 airfoil section.
- The hub bar is reputed to be one of the strongest designs around and is exclusive to the MTO CLASSIC and in fact used in all aircraft manufactured by Auto-Gyro Germany.
- The MTO Sport is the first aircraft to gain approval under the German regulations for ultralight autogyros. The strict German noise regulations ensure that the MTO Sport is very quiet.
- Superb quality factory construction and finish.
- Wide range of standard colour options.
- Custom painting – your colour, your design!
|L x W x H:||5,1 m x 1,9 m x 2,7 m|
|Empty weight:||265 kg|
|Engine:||Rotax 912 ULS | 914 UL|
|Takeoff distance*2:||100 m | 70 m|
|Cruise speed:||120 km/h|
|Max speed:||180 km/h|
|Fuel capacity:||65 ltr|
|Compliant with:||BUT, Section T, ASRA|
Standard Configuration* MTOclassic
• Two-seat autogyro
• Frontseat with windshield for passenger
• Airframework in high-grade stainless steel, electropolished
• Aluminum rotor system Naca 8H12 8,4m
• Rotax 912 ULS or 914 UL
• Gearbox with integrated slipper clutch
• Exhaust system high-grade steel
• Carburetor anti icing preheat
• Propeller HTC 3B CW172,5
• Pneumatic pitch trim and rotor brake
• Pneumatic PreRotator with safety interlock
• Hydraulic man wheel brake with lock
• Polypropylene tank, capacity 34 litre
• Rotor tie down bag
• All GRP components painted
• Color choice in accordance with palette – either standard or special colours
• Fully finished, flight tested, and ready to fly
• Trip and altimeter
• Engine and rotor speed
• Oil and cylinder head temperature
• Oil pressure
• Hour (Hobbs) meter
• Air box for Rotax 912 ULS
• Air scoops inclusive second radiator (for Rotax 912 / 914)
• Second electric fuel pump for Rotax 912 ULS
• Auxiliary tank 34l right
• Variable-pitch propeller IVO DL3-68 “3 sheet, 172 cm, switching position (in accordance with noise measurement) from 18 to 28 degrees, with electrical adjustment
Choice of different rotor systems made of aviation aluminum Naca 8H12
• Standard rotor system with 8,4m diameter (basic equipment)
• Rotor system II with 8,8m diameter (increased lifting abilities)
• Rotory system TOPP
All composite parts (enclosure, tail unit, rudder, seat, suspension bow, wheel spats, air scoops) are painted to customer colour specification:
• Standard colors are: yellow/red/white
• Metallics standards (with surcharge) aqua blue and silver
• Special colours from industry colour cards (pearlescent or metallic), two colour lacquer finishes or special lacquer finishes are also available with a surchage
• ELT automatic radio beacon Kannad 406 AF-Compact
• Radio f.u.n.k.e. Avionics ATR833 incl. wiring harness
• Integral antenna in the tail unit or alternatively (with carbon composites) whip antenna on the nose or under enclosure
• Transponder f.u.n.k.e. Avionics TRT800H incl. antenna
• Card compass in place of standard compass (surcharge)
School equipment / instructor options
• Flight instructor set 1 rear seat throttle
• Flight instructor set 2 rear seat airspeed indicator km/h or mph
• Flight instructor set 3 rear seat wheel brake
• Flight instructor set 4 rear seat Engine kill switches and trim
• Landing lights LED (2×2,5 W) inclusive wiring harness
• Strobes incl. navigation light LED
• GPS cockpit variants ready for the installation of different GPS-features or RAM-Mountings (according to catalogue)
• Tank fuel level inclusive tank sender
• Rate of climb indicator (VSI or variometer) 80 and/or 57 mm, m/s or fpm
• Genesis battery 13Ah inclusive of mounting plate
• Plug socket 12V in front/in the back
• Socket for battery supply
• Gerbing heating automatic controller 12V single or dual for Gerbing clothes
• Upholstered sport seat cushions in place of standard cushions
• Carbon fibre based composites instead of glass fibre – enclosure (approx. 3 kg less)
• Carbon fibre based composites instead of glass fibre – (weight reduction around approx. 3.5 kg)
• Spinner (painted) for HTC / IVO prop
• Map bag
• Luggage bag
• Gyro cover sheet
• Heavy duty/off road tyres
• Floats as kit
*) Standard and additional configuration is dependent upon country and certification regulations. Please contact your AutoGyro partner for more information.